Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

El Tigre Storyboard Promo

So, I've been storyboarding for a couple of months now on El Tigre and it has been the hardest, but most rewarding job I've had. I just finished my third episode and am getting used to pitching in front of everybody. But a while back on my first board, on my first thumbnail pitch, Nickelodeon decided they wanted to shoot a promo of it. I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with me, but I just happened to be the next board artist in the rotation to pitch. To pitch my first board to a full camera crew along with supervising crew members was nerve-racking to say the least. But somehow I got through it, and it turned out pretty well.

Above is the full promo that they edited. It's interesting to see how they took a 45 min pitch and whittled it down to 30 seconds or less. Of course I find the edits to be pretty funny since I know which audio parts they cut and placed over other video parts. I even had to go into the recording booth weeks later to do some added v.o., so that was pretty cool. And even though it's kind of embarrassing to watch yourself pitch, I think it turned out great. The promo is airing right now on Nickelodeon, but I haven't caught it on tv yet.

Below is a short companion promo.

15 comments:

bgudna said...

hahah man that was great!

Todd Kauffman said...

nice! too funny dude.

TYREE DILLIHAY said...

yeah man...get dat TV TIME!!!

samacleod said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwesome! Yeah, man, i saw the top one! It was so awesome. What an abstract moment, to see your friend unexpectedly on TV! Face, voice, artwork and all! Great job man!

Geek Booteek said...

Great stuff dude!!

Chris Battle said...

Jorge laughed, Sandra didn't.

SO fired.

Anonymous said...

koooool

Anonymous said...

i luv tigre

Anonymous said...

bump

Anonymous said...

bump

Anonymous said...

srry for all the bumps this is the last

Sean Szeles said...

Wow, those are a lot of bumps! Thanks Manny!

Anonymous said...

yah im doin a science project about blog so i needed to put those and i needed a word so i used bump lol oh im a major fan of el tigre i kno everythin bout it and yes my real nickname is manny lol

Anonymous said...

oh hey do you kno what rank this blog is for the internet? i neeed to kno please and thanx

Anonymous said...

hi im like THE #1 el tigre fan and obsessor. i know everything about el tigre and if this show hadn't exsisted i wouldn't know about anything about spanish cultures. oh and sean i was wandering if you guys wanna make a final but kooool epi. you can always make a human type of epi. where instead of anime, you guys can use humans and make it a specail movie! lol! that would be soooo koool!oh and im an actor myself so i could be el tigre/manny or frida suarrez i would be so syched! i sound like them both and im short but 13 just like them! oh and i get around the internet and ive got some awesome ideas tell me if you want them and ill list them but i dont think you wanna read somthing this long right? well wright back and hurry! lol!